Charles Rosson devotes his practice to complex commercial litigation disputes, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court and in domestic and international arbitrations. Charles’ experience includes antitrust, breach of contract, transnational law, and energy matters.
Charles joined Gibbs & Bruns in 2017 after beginning his litigation career with Vinson & Elkins, LLP in Houston. Charles was a judicial intern to the Honorable Jennifer Coffman, Chief Judge of the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, 2008.
- Enterprise Products Operating LLC v. Amec Foster Wheeler USA Corp.
Representing Enterprise in a massive engineering and construction lawsuit concerning a petrochemical refinery recently constructed in Mont Belvieu, Texas. Enterprise seeks hundreds of millions of dollars in cost overruns and lost profits from the terminated EPC contractor.
- Obtained a $15.6 million breach-of-contract arbitration award for a global biotechnology company against a major competitor in a dispute involving DNA-based identity testing.
- Obtained a directed verdict following jury trial on behalf of an international petrochemicals company, in a breach-of-contract lawsuit involving its former chief executive officer.
- Secured an award for a natural gas and refined petroleum products pipeline operator following an ICDR New York-seated breach-of-contract arbitration under Brazilian law against a Brazilian state-owned energy company.
- Represented Occidental Energy Marketing, Inc. and Oxy Ingleside LPG Pipeline, LLC in lawsuit focused on pipeline integrity. The dispute arose from a project to refurbish and reverse flow on a NuStar pipeline which ruptured during the commissioning phase, resulting in Oxy terminating its take-or-pay contract with NuStar. Tried case to the bench for several weeks. Case settled after trial.
- Defeated a writ of garnishment seeking to collect more than $1 billion from an international oil and gas company.
- First-chaired more than a dozen jury trials in conjunction with the City of Houston’s Volunteer Prosecutor Program.
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2010
Executive Editor, Georgetown Journal of International Law
Moot Court, Best Individual Applicant, International Moot Court Competition (2010),
University of Texas, B.A., 2007, Government
Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2021
Named a “Texas Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters’ Texas Super Lawyers, 2020
Admissions and Certifications
State Bar of Texas
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Memberships and Affiliations
Houston Community Health Centers, Inc.
Member, Board of Directors (2016-present)
Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow (2018-present)
Presentations and Publications
“International Litigation: Forum Non Conveniens,” The International Lawyer (2012–2013) (co-author)